Monday, February 7, 2011

Best (and worse?) of Superbowl 2011

To say I'm not interested in the game and just watch the commercials to appease those who hate football is not truth at all. I LOVE FOOTBALL. This was a really good game - too many turn overs however. Neither of the teams are any I am a fan of so congratulations Green Bay on the win!

The halftime show was the best I've seen in awhile despite Fergie's performance. I absolutely loved Usher, but didn't like the Tron vibe of the entire thing. Where were the light cycles when you needed them?!

But this is a movie-ish blog so let's talk about the commercials and trailers that were shown.

As far as commercials, I did not really enjoy any of them. None sticks in my mind at all and I keep feeling like I missed something as people talk about the commercials. The Volkswagen Star Wars commercial was one I already saw and has been making the rounds on the internet before the Bowl so it did not wow me last night.

I watched a Pepsi commercial about a Black couple with the woman semi-abusing her significant other who then checks out a white woman at the end. The Black Woman then throws a Pepsi can that knocks the woman out. (commercial is named Love Hurts on YouTube). This one seemed to have some subliminal messages that I didn't care for.

The Chrysler commercial with Eminen caught my attention. 1. I love Chrysler. 2. I love Eminen. 3. I LOVE "LOSE YOURSELF"

I remember every trailer that was played of course. They were basically what I waited around on commercial break for. I was surprised and excited to see a Super 8 trailer that was a little more then a teaser. I love monster movies and Super 8 seems like its shaping up to be a great movie to watch.

Thor continued to not impress me while Captain America was only So-so. I want to see both, but Marvel needs to step their marketing game up to get me hype it seems. I still want a dose of Green Lantern in my summer movies moreso then the Marvel properties.

Cowboys and Aliens looked even MORE fantastic. But, what can I say, I love alien movies (except Skyline...) Pirates 4 is just So-so to me as well. I never wanted my beloved movies to get a fourth movie but since Disney wants to continue with it i'll watch it like a loyal fan.

All in all, slightly disappointed by the commercials and the trailers were only ok with Super 8 being my only surprise. The game, despite what people say, was way better then the commercials. Commercials are meant to sell and perhaps be entertaining. There was just a lot of poorly thought out ideas that did not grab my attention.

...although I do seem to desire a new car after last night...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment