Monday, June 21, 2010

What makes a GOOD film?

After reading this article on /Film - my favorite film blog - and the comments on the article, it got me to thinking about what exactly makes a good film. While I believe the Toy Story franchise is an amazing franchise, I still believe people are entitled to their own opinions about films. With saying that, I do not think anyone should bash a film just because they did not like it. This White guy is apparently and so OBVIOUSLY a troll as he puts down all films that a lot of people like and praises those a lot of people do not like. If that does not spell T-R-O-L-L then it needs to get redefined. I do not agree that every Pixar film is golden and amazing, I still think give a film credit where credit is due.

And the commentors can be the worse. I try not to take offense when a film I love is criticized immensely (which is why I try not to review films of franchises that I am heavily a fan in), but sometimes it is hard to do so when so many derogatory words have been chosen to be used - someone refered to Harry Potter as a "wankfest" in the comments. Whats up with THAT?

These days, too many people are quick to bash something. I see this in the film world and the anime world. If something gets too popular in someone's opinion then some people just HAVE to go against the grain and hate it. That seems life a very sad like when you have to be antagonistic about everything.

With these people out there, the question of what even makes a good film becomes blurred. Everyone has a differing opinion in what makes a good film, but my key ideal would be that the film is ENTERTAINING. That's what a films are: entertainment. So, PERSONALLLY, if a film can keep my interest despite all the flaws, i still find it GOOD. It may not win awards, but it wins my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment