Monday, June 13, 2011

AN UPDATE

I love movies. There is just sheer joy when I sit down in a darkened theater, bucket of popcorn balanced on my lap. Preview trailers start rolling and I immediately sit in awe watching the moving pictures on the screen.

With saying that, I love writing about movies. Love sharing my opinions on them. Love reliving what I watched through the words I weave.

However lately I have been feeling detached from movies which is evident in the fact that the last movie I wrote about was nearly two months ago. I have seen a few movies since then, but my race to get to the theaters to watch this movies before others is always met with disdain.

Summer movies are all about getting to the movies and seeing them first. With so many franchise movies, sequels, and what I affectionately called "Geek Flicks", many movie goers are attending these movies at midnight showings or are even lucky enough to find advance showings (i.e. Super 8 had many "secret screenings" prior to the movie). What good is my "review" if its very late after the fact?

I have seen Thor, Xmen First Class, Jumping the Broom, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and Super 8 - all summer movies. I have yet to write about any of them as I saw them far after their release date. Typically a week. Many people rush off to midnight showings of these movies which I am sure will happen again this week as Green Lantern opens.

Getting to advance or midnight showings for me is difficult. These theaters are very far from me, distance wise.

I feel like I'm failing as a journalist in every aspect - gaming, movies, or otherwise. I feel like my career can not go any further without the proper ways of getting my writing out there.

Those ways, however, are not known to me.

As i go forth and attempt to gain readership and publication, I hope to start updating my blog more or atleast trying to create a website to showcase my writing. Somewhere - someplace - someone is going to want to publish my work. Someone is going to want to help me share my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment